Glowing Green Smoothie Bowl
I used to have horrible skin. Acne, oil, flaking in the winter. The list goes on. Having bad skin is really a tough pill to swallow. Especially for young girls.
My skin gradually improved as I aged and with trial and error. The three biggest things that affect my skin:
1 – Moisturizerazation
2 – Hydration
3 – Diet
It’s funny, you think that if you have oily skin you need to strip it of all moisture with harsh products. When I started a skincare regimen that required morning and nightly moisturizers, my oil output dramatically decreased because my skin was no longer overproducing to compensate.
About a year ago I started measuring my water intake. I was shooting for around 100 oz to a gallon a day. I’m going to speak on this in the future, but I no longer get dry skin, chapped lips or cracked hands during any time of the year. Its CRAZY how much better my skin looks. Also, it’s FREE. You’re best beauty product is fo free, y’all.
Diet. I have always been nutrition conscious. My focus has dramatically changed from being calorie conscious to be nutrient conscious over the past few years and it shows. Especially in my skin. By eating a diet that is packed with vitamins, minerals, proteins and healthy fats, my skin is able to regenerate and it looks so much healthier I can’t believe it. I never left the house without a full face of makeup. Most days now, I create my own tinted moisturizer and I’m usually good to go. I don’t really use everyday concealer anymore.
I love smoothie bowls because you can pack them with good for your ingredients, blend and slurp up the benefits. This is a recipe I’ve been repeating a few times a week lately and I’ve been loving it as a breakfast or snack.
Smoothie bowls are so fun because you get to go crazy with your favorite toppings and play with your creations.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
– Frozen Banana
– Spinach or a Spinach and Baby Kale Blend
– Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Cashew Milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
– Earth Balance Coconut Peanut Butter (or any nut butter)
– Optional: Collagen Peptides (or a protein blend of your choice)
– Optional Toppings: Blueberries, Pumpkin Seeds, Chia Seeds, and Goodnessknows Snack Squares (or whatever the heck you want)
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Place banana, greens, avocado, almond milk, nut butter and collagen into a blender and liquefy. Pour Into a bowl, top with toppings and dive in! This bowl doesn’t have any added sweetener and I like it that way. I think you will, too!
Please know: if you want to hear more about any of the ingredients that I’ve used above, shoot me a message. I know some of them seem a little whacky, but they’re really easy to locate so you can reap the benefits. I’m not affiliated with any of the brands above, they are just working well for me!
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 2 large handfuls of Spinach or a Spinach and Baby Kale Blend
- 1/2 of an Avocado
- 3/4 cup of Unsweetened Almond Cashew Milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp of Earth Balance Coconut Peanut Butter (or any nut butter)
- Optional: 1 scoop of Collagen Peptides (or a protein blend of your choice)
- Optional Toppings: Blueberries, Pumpkin Seeds, Chia Seeds, and <g class=”gr_ gr_82 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace” id=”82″ data-gr-id=”82″>Goodnessknows</g> Snack Squares (or whatever the heck you want)
- Place banana, greens, avocado, almond milk, nut butter and collagen into a blender.
- Pour Into a bowl, top with toppings and dive in!