brighten up your routine with this simple, sweet and satisfying idea!
Stovetop Tropical Chia Pudding
post contains affiliate links
It’s that time of year where we start to dream a little about warmer weather. Don’t get me wrong, I love experiencing all of the seasons, but I’m starting to yearn for longer and warmer days.
I have always found that spicing up my meal plan with bright and tropical flavors can really put a pep in my step and push me through those dark and dreary hours.
Chia seed pudding has always been a struggle for me. I’ve tried to make it overnight by submerging the seeds in liquid and soaking a glass jar and my results were always just a-okay. Nothing to write home, or to write to you about. When I saw my sweet (and very inspirational) Instagram buddy Haley with Please and Carrot Sticks whip up a steamy and creamy batch of chia pudding, my wheels started turning. “That looks GOOD, I thought! And boy, couldn’t I use a bowl full of that goodness during my Whole30 Journey?”. To the drawing board, I went!
This chia seed pudding reminds me a bit of a comforting bowl of stovetop oats, which makes me more than a little bit happy. I use coconut milk here, which is a tad sweet on its own, but I find that the addition of banana and mango make it just sweet enough for me to devour.
What You’ll Need:
Full fat, unsweetened, canned coconut milk
Mango juice – all natural and unsweetened for Whole30
Optional toppings: nut butter, coconut flakes, fruit – anything you want!
What You’ll Do:
Place a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in the coconut milk, followed by the frozen fruit, juice and chia seeds. Stir regularly for 5-10 minutes until the chia seeds thicken and this becomes the consistency of thick pudding or oatmeal. While stirring, break up any large chunks of fruit as it softens to release more sweetness.
Pour into a bowl and dress it up with any toppings of your choice, or scarf it up as is!
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 1 14oz can of full fat, unsweetened, canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of frozen banana (about 1/2 of a medium banana)
- 1/2 cup of Frozen mango chunks
- 2 tbsp of mango juice – all natural and unsweetened for Whole30
- Toppings of your choice – nut butter, coconut flakes, fruit, etc.
- Place a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in the coconut milk, followed by the frozen fruit, juice and chia seeds.
- Stir regularly for 5-10 minutes until the chia seeds thicken and this becomes the consistency of thick pudding or oatmeal. While stirring, break up any large chunks of fruit as it softens to release more sweetness.
- Pour into a bowl and dress it up with any toppings of your choice, or scarf it up as is!
OTHER WHOLE30 COMPLIANT RECIPIES #ONTHEBLOG:
Don’t Forget To Follow Me On Social Media!
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/miss.allieskitchen/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/missallieskitchen/
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/miss_ak/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/missallieskitch
*Notes an affiliate link. if you decide to purchase this product, your price will remain the same as the listed price on the website, however, I will make a small commission. Thank you for supporting Miss Allie’s Kitchen!
Let's Be Friends
Sign up to get the latest and be the first to know about recipes.