Whether you’re in need of a special occasion crowd pleaser or a new weeknight favorite, these short ribs are sure to fit the bill!
Slow Cooker Braised Short Ribs
Well, I finished my #JanuaryWhole30 and it’s safe to say… I didn’t really want for much during the 30 days. I won’t lie, it STUNK not having a few drinks or a glass of wine on the weekends, but I can’t think of anything else I craved big time. That’s all probably due to the fact that I ate like royalty during the entire time coming up with slow cooker recipes for all of you weekly.
I tried to pepper the 30 days with fun, new and exciting activities, and I really got ahead with some plans I have for all of you on Miss Allie’s Kitchen. One of my favorite nights was when my bestie came to visit for dinner and we FEASTED on these Slow Cooker Braised Short Ribs. It’s always fun to have one of your best buds complete a challenge with you, and I was so glad to have her along on the Whole30 Journey that night.
This is one of those melt-in-your-mouth tender dishes that is exciting enough to serve to guests (like I did), and is crazy easy to prepare! It just may make your weeknight meal rotation, too!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED (measurements below):
Beef short ribs
Canned tomato sauce, no salt added
Canned tomato paste, no salt added
Apple cider vinegar
Orange juice, all natural no sugar added for Whole30
WHAT YOU’LL DO (measurements below):
Place the short ribs in the bottom of your slow cooker. Mix together the tomato sauce, tomato paste, ACV, orange juice, garlic powder, onion powder, chipotle seasoning, salt, and pepper. Pour the braising sauce over the spareribs and turn the slow cooker to high for 4 hours. Turn the slow cooker off, let the meat cool and rest, and serve!
- 2 lbs of boneless, beef short ribs
- 1 cup of canned tomato sauce, no salt added
- 2 tbsp of canned tomato paste, no salt added
- 3 tbsp of orange juice, all natural no sugar added for Whole30
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of chipotle powder
- Place the short ribs in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Mix together the tomato sauce, tomato paste, ACV, orange juice, garlic powder, onion powder, chipotle seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the braising sauce over the spareribs and turn the slow cooker to high for 4 hours.
- Turn the slow cooker off, let the meat cool and rest, and serve!
OTHER WHOLE30 COMPLIANT RECIPIES #ONTHEBLOG:
Don’t Forget To Follow Me On Social Media!
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/miss.allieskitchen/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/missallieskitchen/
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/miss_ak/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/missallieskitch
Let's Be Friends
Sign up to get the latest and be the first to know about recipes.