This 5 Ingredient Mulled Wine will warm your heart and knock your socks off it’s so good. 5 simple ingredients come together on the stove or in a crockpot for a cup of cheer.
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup mulling spices, I like this kind
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 – 1.5L bottle of dry red wine, I used a Pinot Noir
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier
- Optional – cinnamon sticks & orange slices for garnish
- Add the apple cider and mulling spices to a large stockpot.
- Turn the heat to medium and heat, stirring occasionally. Do not let this boil.
- When it starts to steam, turn the heat to low and pour in the wine and Grand Marnier.
- As soon as this heats through (carefully test with a spoon), turn the heat off and cover. Again, do not let this boil.*
- Strain out the mulling spices.
- Serve immediately in mugs or glasses with cinnamon sticks and orange slices.
- If you’re not serving this all at once, heat occasionally on low heat with the lid on or transfer it to a slow cooker set to warm.
- You could even make this in the slow cooker by adding everything and turning it to low heat and turning the dial to keep warm when you’re through.
- You can cut this batch in half or double it based on your needs. It’s very forgiving.
- Serving Size: about 1 cup
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 19 g
- Sodium: 18 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: wine, winter, cocktail, cider