This Blackberry Raspberry Old Fashioned recipe is a play on classic old fashioned with a fun and fruity twist! Make one for a special treat!
- about 3 oz. (2 shots) bourbon whiskey (we like Bulleit, Woodford Reserve, and Blanton’s best)
- 1.5 oz. (1 shot) simple syrup
- 1–2 dashes of Aromatic bitters
- 1–2 maraschino cherries (we like Luxardo or any dark cherry, not the bright red ones)
- about 3 Stahlbush Island Farms Frozen Raspberries*
- about 3 Stahlbush Island Farms Frozen Blackberries*
- 1 orange slice
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 mint sprig (optional)
- Add the bourbon, simple syrup, bitters, cherries, raspberries, blackberries, and an orange slice into a cocktail shaker, pitcher or glass jar with a lid.
- Muddle well with a muddled or the back of a spoon.
- Then, add the ice cubes and stir for 30 seconds vigorously. Pour the cocktail, ice, seeds, and all directly into your glass (you can strain, but I prefer not to).
- Top with extra berries, orange peel, and mint if desired. Cheers!
- This recipe does also work with fresh berries
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cocktail, drink, bourbon, old fashioned, berry