This festive yuletide Cranberry Orange Mule comes together with healthier cranberry orange syrup, ginger beer and of course vodka!
OK, I’ve got to admit it. Twist my arm and I’ll tell you – I AM HAVING SO MUCH FUN this Holiday/Christmas season creating recipes for you all. And I’m shocked that that is actually a true statement. When I was planning for my first Christmas as a blogger, I hit full panic mode.
I started making my gift list in October, recipes were planned, emails were schemed up and I was turning my world upside down trying to figure out how I was going to create thoughtful & useful content for you, work full time, give my attention to my family, sell pies & pastries, attend every gathering and still have time to hug my sweet JMan.
You know what I did? I cut the crap & got real with myself for the first time in a long time. I stopped obsessing over my gift list, made decisions, and ordered everything online early. In reality, the reason behind the season has nothing to do with gifts, anyway. So why obsess? Wanna know what else? I decided to pass up on a few extra bucks and put aside the idea to sell my pies and pastries. Crazy right? Who turns down easy money during the holidays? You’re looking at her (well, you’re looking at a picture of me above, haha).
As much as we all sayyy that we’ll take time to rejoice in our families and the gifts the Lord has given us, the reality is, we tend to get caught up in the fuss. I certainly do.
Not everyone likes to unwind with a drink now and then, but I do. Moscow Mules are one of my all time favorite cocktails, and I wanted to do a festive & simple twist. The cran-orange syrup is made with minimal sweetener – I used maple syrup. Hey gift idea- whip up a few batches of syrup & pair it with some ginger beer & vodka in a basket! Voila!
Let’s put a little jingle in your next family mingle. Looking for more cozy cocktail? Check out my Apple Cider Bourbon Smash!
If you love Christmas as much as I do, do yourself a favor, sister, and download my FREE Healthy Cookie Cookbook. You’re going to love it!Print
Cranberry Orange Yule Mule
These festive yuletide Cranberry Orange Yule Mules come together with healthier cranberry orange syrup, ginger beer and of course vodka!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 - 12oz. cocktail 1x
For The Cran-Orange Syrup:
- 12 oz. water
- 1.5 cups fresh cranberries (I’m sure frozen would work, too)
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. of maple syrup
For the Mule:
- 2 shots (3 oz.) of Cran-Orange Syrup
- 1 shot (1.5-2oz.) vodka
- 8 0z. ginger beer
- 1 orange slice
- 1 small handful of fresh cranberries
- optional – rosemary for garnish
- Start by adding the cranberries, water, orange juice & maple syrup into a saucepan on high.
- Bring the pot to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and let this reduce for about 15 mins.
- Strain this into a mason jar or container.
- Once done, place in the fridge or freezer for a bit until it is cool.
- Place an orange slice and a handful of fresh cranberries into the bottom of a copper mug or glass. Muddle these by pressing down on the fruit so it bursts and releases extra flavor.
- Fill mug with ice, add the syrup and vodka. Mix well.
- Top the glass with ginger beer.
- Stir again, and top with more fresh cranberries, orange, and rosemary, if desired. Cheers!