whole, healthy and honest meal prep ideas
Curried Carrot & Brussel Power Bowl
I’m always in this constant limbo of wanting to spend hours in the kitchen creating THE MOST EPIC thing ever, or I want absolutely nothing to do with cooking and I want food on the table in 5 seconds flat. Lunch usually falls into category #2.
I’ve been spending a lot of time simplifying this year, so far, and I’ve come to the conclusion that 10,000 ingredients mixed together do not always make the greatest dishes. Proper preparation, ample seasoning, and flavor balance are what really make a great meal. And love, always love.
Also, eating things out of bowls makes everything just sooo much more appealing, too! Why is that? Anyway, I’m sharing a real live recipe from my recent meal prep lunch menu and I hope it convinces you that less is more when it comes to quick and delicious.
We’ll lightly season the chicken and vegetables, give them a brush of healthy fats from our olive oil to help them roast, and marry them all together with a tahini drizzle to round out the dish. It reheats perfect and is easily made in large batches at the beginning of the week!
Let’s get to it!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Large, whole carrots
Avocado or olive oil
Tahini (sesame seed paste found in the peanut butter isle)
- 2lbs boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 lb large, whole carrots
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts
- 1/2 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp pepper, divided
- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp of tahini, divided
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and peel your carrots and place in a bowl. Wash the Brussel sprouts, dry and cut in half. Place them into another bowl. Finally, take the chicken out of the package and dump into a third bowl.
- Prepare three baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoons of oil in each bowl.
- To the chicken, add 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 tsp of pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1/8 teaspoon of paprika.
- To the carrots, add 1/2 teaspoon if curry, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 tsp of pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- To the Brussels, add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Mix all of the contents in the bowls to coat the chicken, carrots, and Brussels well.
- Dump each bowl out onto a separate baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Remove the chicken after 30 minutes.
- Remove the Brussels after 40 minutes.
- Remove the carrots after 60 minutes
- Mix the roasted components up and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of tahini per serving.
OTHER WHOLE30 COMPLIANT RECIPIES #ONTHEBLOG:
Don’t Forget To Follow Me On Social Media!
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/miss.allieskitchen/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/missallieskitchen/
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/miss_ak/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/missallieskitch
*notes an affiliate link. if you decide to purchase this product, your price will remain the same as the listed price on the website, however, I will make a small commission. thank you for supporting Miss Allie’s Kitchen!
Let's Be Friends
Sign up to get the latest and be the first to know about recipes.