This healthy mocha smoothie is packed with good for you ingredients like sweet potato, banana, Greek yogurt, and chia seeds, plus, it packs a caffeine punch!
I know we’re a week past daylight savings time, but I feel like I’ve been hearing “I’m so tired” from EVERYONE, myself & J included lately. SO, this is me saying I hear you, I see you & I’m making you a smoothie with coffee and actually filling ingredients to get you through this little slump.
I go back and forth with smoothie love, sometimes I’m really into them and sometimes I’m not! But lately, ever since I discovered Daily Harvest, I’ve been craving them big time.
One thing that I love about the smoothies I get from Daily Harvest is that a lot of them have really filling ingredients in them. A bit of frozen fruit and milk is rarely enough to be a meal or even a snack for me.
So, I decided to add some sweet potato here to add bulk, good for you carbs & calories to help power me though my day. You feel?
If you’re a smoothie fan, this Easy Green Apple Smoothie has been getting a TON of love lately!Print
Healthy Mocha Sweet Potato Smoothie
This healthy mocha smoothie is packed with good for you ingredients like sweet potato, banana, Greek yogurt and chia seeds, plus, it packs a caffeine punch!
- Yield: 1-2 1x
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup mashed or diced sweet potato*
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 cup cold coffee (you can use leftover coffee or cold brew)
- optional – maple syrup to taste (if you like a sweeter smoothie)
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Liquify until combined, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- This makes one large smoothie suitable for a light meal. Share with a friend for a snack!
- Feel free to use canned sweet potato or butternut squash. You can freeze it in an ice cube tray or a candy mold. Batch freeze so you have some on hand!
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 75 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg
Post contains affiliate links.