This Nutty Paleo Pumpkin Tart combines pumpkin, spices, natural coconut sugar, and coconut milk to make the most flavorful pumpkin tart for the holidays.
The time has come for me to share this healthier, paleo pumpkin tart. I HAVE ARRIVED, friends.
I’ve been waiting to share this for some time now. If you’re on my email list, then this may look really familiar to you. Sometimes, I treat my fave people and send them recipes early so you should sign up if you haven’t.
I’ve been all about the pumpkin lately, you know this. I mean just this year I’ve thrown down this pumpkin chai latte, this maple bourbon pumpkin pie, and this paleo pumpkin bread. Oh and you have to try my dairy-free pumpkin cupcakes from last year, just sayin’
Anywho – this tart – super easy to make. To make the crust, jut mix together the crust ingredients and press it into a tart pan. No rolling pin needed.
The filling – super simple. You’ll quickly mix it together and bake until the tart is just set.
Perfect every time!
Nutty Paleo Pumpkin Tart
This Nutty Paleo Pumpkin Tart combines pumpkin, spices, natural coconut sugar and coconut milk to make the most flavorful pumpkin tart for the holidays.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 1x
For the crust:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cashew butter – or almond (I used homemade, so make sure to use a natural version)
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 room temperature egg, whisked
- 1 pinch sea salt
For the filling:
- 1 15oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, cashew butter, coconut oil, egg, and salt for the crust.
- Mix well until it clumps into a ball.
- Remove from the bowl and press it into a 9-inch tart pan.
- Pop the pan with the crust in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Whisk together the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, coconut sugar, eggs, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Remove the tart pan from the fridge and pour in the filling. If you have a little excess filling, that’s OK. Save it to make a mini tart or pie or discard.
- Place the tart in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the filling is set but still jiggly in the middle.
- Allow it to cool on a wire rack fully before refrigerating. Cool and serve!