That Creamy Restaurant Style Balsamic Dressing in healthier, whole30 form!
Whole30 Creamy Restaurant Style Balsamic Dressing
I’m writing this post to all of you as I sit in my car, with my laptop up against the steering wheel and I’m dreaming about being in a restaurant with a glass of wine in one hand and a roll in the other. In my ultimate dreamland, I’d be dunking said roll in a ramekin of creamy balsamic dressing. Some people like fries and frosty, some people are weird and like fries and mayo…and then you have me who prefers bread and balsamic dressing.
By the way, if you’re on a Whole30 and not just wanting a healthier dressing recipe and you just read that paragraph above…sorry. I just talked about like a lot of non-compliant things. Whoops.
Anywho – this dressing. I love creamy balsamic, but I don’t really eat a whole lot of salad dressing TBH. It’s usually loaded with weird stuff I can’t pronounce or it costs like $8 when it is better for you. So, I usually do some sort of vinegar or citrus with olive oil, salt, and pepper. But sometimes, especially when entertaining, you need some good dressing. So I made this for you and I really like it/kind of could bathe in it so I think you’ll also want to bathe in it. So yeah. Make it, dudes.
LET’S GET TO IT!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED (increments & directions below in the printout – tip get everything out before starting!):
White grape juice (magic ingredient) – btw, you only need a little bit. If you can find a small, single-serve bottle, snag that. Unless you drink grape juice then have at it.
Light olive oil
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 + 1/2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons white grape juice (magic ingredient) – btw, you only need a little bit. If you can find a small, single-serve bottle, snag that. Unless you drink grape juice then have at it.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- Add the egg, egg yolk, balsamic vinegar, grape juice, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a blender.
- Pulse a few times to combine.
- Turn the blender on and slowly stream in the olive oil until it is all added and the mixture emulsifies.
- The dressing will be thick but pourable.
- Top your favorite salad with this dressing!
Looking for another dressing to try? You might like this healthy taco lime greek yogurt dressing.
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/miss.allieskitchen/