Crunchy and buttery graham cracker crust is filled with tart lemon filling and topped with fresh, lemon cream. A perfect, refreshing dessert.
This post has been sponsored by ALDI. All opinions remain my own and I am happy to partner with brands I know and trust. Thanks for supporting the growth of Miss AK!
I like to think of this pie as the ray of sunshine we all need. Speaking of sunshine can we all just insert praise hands here for daylight savings? This extra hour of daylight is life changing!
But in reality, early March is a doozy. We’re all waiting for the first sunny, 60 degree day, but in PA, we’re still getting snow, snow and MORE snow. I hate to complain about the weather, so I just bake about it.
SO, I’ve been baking ALLL of the lemon things. Like this LEMON CREAM PIE. And it’s perfect because today is Pi Day!!!
It’s so easy to make! AND it uses minimal ingredients, which is what I like, friends. I actually grabbed all of the ingredients online from ALDI. I’ve been using Instacart to get my groceries delivered, and all I had to do was add in ingredients to my cart & they were delivered right to me. Click right here to add all of the ingredients from this recipe to your cart. ALDI was kind enough to put together a basket of ingredients for us so you guys don’t even have to go to the store to make it! Pretty cool, huh? Man, the 21st century. If you want to try Instacart, use the code ALDIMAK for $10 off your first three ALDI orders on Instacart of $35 or more!
If you’ve followed me on Instagram for a while, you know I am ALDI obsessed. People have actually joked with me locally saying “hopefully I’ll run into you at ALDI soon!”. Not. Kidding. I’m really excited that they’ve been expanding their product lines and are coming out with some really quality ingredients for baking. The #ALDILove is real & I’m really excited to be partnering with them.
So, how do we put it all together?
First, you’re going to start off by making and baking the graham cracker crust. All you need to do is break up graham cracker sheets into crumbs. You can use a food processor, or place them in a bag and smash with a rolling pin. Stress relief!
Once you bake off the graham cracker crust, you whisk together the egg yolks, condensed milk, lemon juice
Let the pie bake and cool and then top it with fresh whipped cream flavored with lemon and vanilla. That’s the good stuff right there, honey.
I feel like every month I’m saying the Pie of the Month is my favorite (like HI to last month’s Ice Cream Brownie Pie) but this one really may have my heart for this time of year. I can’t wait to see your rendition of it!Print
Crunchy and buttery graham cracker crust is filled with tart lemon filling and topped with fresh, lemon cream.
For the crust:
- 8 Benton’s Honey Graham Cracker Sheets
- 6 Tbsp. Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Simply Nature Organic Light Brown Sugar
For the lemon filling:
- 1 (14oz.) can Baker’s Corner Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 Simply Nature Organic Cage Free Brown Egg Yolks
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
For the lemon whipped topping:
- 16 oz. Countryside Creamery Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 cup Baker’s Corner Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Stonemill Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350F. You’ll need a standard 9-inch pie plate.
- Break the graham cracker sheets into fine crumbs by using a food processor, or by placing the sheets in a plastic bag and pounding them with a rolling pin.
- Mix the crumbs with the melted butter and brown sugar. If you’re using a food processor, you can use that to incorporate.
- Dump the crust mixture into the pie plate and press down firmly, pushing the crumbs up the sides to create a packed crust.
- Bake the crust for 12-15 minutes, until just golden and fragrant.
- While the crust bakes, whisk together the condensed milk, lemon juice, egg yolks, and lemon zest.
- When the crust has prebaked, pour the filling into the crust and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the filling looks set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes, before chilling in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- When the pie is cold, make the lemon whipped cream.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and lemon zest. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the cream all over the pie and serve!
- You may have a bit of whipped cream left over depending on how high you want to pile it on, save for more desserts!
- For easy serving, use a sharp, clean knife. Keep a towel handy to wipe it off between cuts.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 623
- Sugar: 56 g
- Sodium: 129 mg
- Fat: 36 g
- Saturated Fat: 23 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 67 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 168 mg
Keywords: pie, lemon, dessert, sweets
Let's Be Friends
Sign up to get the latest and be the first to know about recipes.