This healthy mocha smoothie is packed with good for you ingredients like sweet potato, banana, Greek yogurt, and chia seeds, plus, it packs a caffeine punch!
I know we’re a week past daylight savings time, but I feel like I’ve been hearing “I’m so tired” from EVERYONE, myself & J included lately. SO, this is me saying I hear you, I see you & I’m making you a smoothie with coffee and actually filling ingredients to get you through this little slump.
I go back and forth with smoothie love, sometimes I’m really into them and sometimes I’m not! But lately, ever since I discovered Daily Harvest, I’ve been craving them big time.
One thing that I love about the smoothies I get from Daily Harvest is that a lot of them have really filling ingredients in them. A bit of frozen fruit and milk is rarely enough to be a meal or even a snack for me.
So, I decided to add some sweet potato here to add bulk, good for you carbs & calories to help power me though my day. You feel?
If you’re a smoothie fan, this Easy Green Apple Smoothie has been getting a TON of love lately!Print
This healthy mocha smoothie is packed with good for you ingredients like sweet potato, banana, Greek yogurt and chia seeds, plus, it packs a caffeine punch!
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup mashed or diced sweet potato*
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 cup cold coffee (you can use leftover coffee or cold brew)
- optional – maple syrup to taste (if you like a sweeter smoothie)
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Liquify until combined, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- This makes one large smoothie suitable for a light meal. Share with a friend for a snack!
- Feel free to use canned sweet potato or butternut squash. You can freeze it in an ice cube tray or a candy mold. Batch freeze so you have some on hand!
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 75 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg
Post contains affiliate links.